Dear Young Researchers,
We are delighted to invite you to participate in the 4th edition of MycoRiseUp! Youth in
Mycology Conference – a scientific conference focused on the fascinating world of fungi.
This event brings together young scientists, researchers, and enthusiasts to explore the
latest advances in the study of fungi and their important role in our environment.
The MycoRiseUp! Conference will feature keynote speakers, presentations and posters
that will cover a wide range of topics related to fungi. This is a unique opportunity for young
scientists to interact with each other and experts in the field in a non-judgmental
environment, share their research findings, and network with peers who share their passion
The conference will be held in the Institute of Agrophysics Polish Academy of Sciences
in Lublin between 20th and 21st of May 2023. It is co-organized by the Fungal
Biotechnology Section of Polish Mycological Society and PhD Candidates from the Institute
of Agrophysics Polish Academy of Sciences, and Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in
Lublin. We encourage all young scientists, including graduate students and doctoral
researchers, to attend and participate in this exciting event. Registration is now open, and
we encourage you to submit your participation in the event in one of the forms:
● 12 minute talk (with additional 3 minutes of discussion with other participants and Scientific
● poster (A0 format, needs to be printed by the participant, will be evaluated by the Scientific
The past editions of the Conference had a wide range of topics discussed, including the
biology and ecology of fungi, fungal biotechnology, interactions of fungi, and
pathogenic fungi in relation to humans. For this year’s conference, we are accepting
original research papers and literature reviews. The specific scientific sessions will be
determined based on the interests of the registered participants.
Scientific Committee of this year’s edition of MycoRise Up! consists of:
● Magdalena Frąc (Institute of Agrophysics, PAS, Lublin, Poland)
● Magdalena Jaszek (Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland)
● Julia Pawłowska (University of Warsaw, Poland)
● Wojciech Radzki (University of Life Sciences, Lublin, Poland)
● Małgorzata Ruszkiewicz-Michalska (University of Łódź, Poland)
● Sylwia Różalska (University of Łódź, Poland)
● Urszula Świderska (Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland)
● Adam Waśko (University of Life Sciences, Lublin, Poland)
● Marta Wrzosek (University of Warsaw, Poland)
The Scientific Committee will accept presentations/posters on the basis of the abstract
evaluation and might change the form of the presentation.
Any abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be considered for inclusion in the abstract
book. The fee for the conference has not yet been determined but it will not exceed 100
PLN. The exact fee will be announced in the middle of March.
● 31.03.2023 – deadline for registration (http://tiny.cc/MycoRiseUp2023)
● 28.04.2023 – deadline for abstract submission (submission form will be made
● 28.04.2023 – deadline for fee payment
Soon, you will find additional information about the Conference, including Conference
regulations and important details such as location and possible accommodations, on our
website: https://mycoriseup.wixsite.com/konferencja, that contains all the information on previous editions, and will be updated soon.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Do not
hesitate to send this invitation to your mycological peers.
We look forward to seeing you at MycoRiseUp! Conference and sharing our collective
knowledge and enthusiasm for the study of fungi.